View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Alex,

Well that's a relief!! So glad to hear the extraction went well!

The reason the flipper is tight against the other teeth is because there is some swelling there from the surgery. Did you put the flippper in immediately after the surgery and wear it for 24 hours or did you wait? It is meant to be worn the first 24 hours (not removed at all) to prevent the area from swelling. Did your dentist tell you that? Was it too uncomfortable to wear?

It is not a good idea to wear the flipper if it feels that tight and is putting pressure on your other teeth. I know this is not what you want to hear but the pressure can cause trauma to the nerves of those teeth and they can die. The best scenerio is to leave the flipper out until the swelling subsides and the flipper is no longer causing any pressure or to see your dentist asap, have him adjust it slightly to alleviate that pressure.

Keep us posted....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
Well I wanted to post an update. I had my tooth extracted (#8) on Thursday morning. Everything went very well and it is healing great. I go in about 2 1/2 months to have my dental implant put in.

My flipper looks very natural, but feels so tight against my other front tooth. It was kind of hard to get the flipper (tooth part) in the extraction site this morning. Which it was not that tight against the other front tooth the first evening I wore it. And it definitely pinches my gum. So it is not very comfortable right now. But I haven't worn it that much (only a few hours each day since the extraction). But will be wearing all day from here out. Will the tight feeling against the other tooth go away? I don't want to mess that tooth up.

I know I will probably have to call my dentist next week for an adjustment. But was wondering what is normal with a flipper.

Thanks so much!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote