View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Re: Dr Amen

Melody[/QUOTE]

Hi again,

My son is 22. His problems stated when he graduated high school. He was a descent student in High school. He attempted to go to college and could not seem to stick with it. The anxiety and depression seem to get the best of him. Since he quit school he did not have health insurance, so it was difficult to find care for him without insurance unless we pay large amount of money. That wasnt an issue but he would start therapy and then quit. He was resistant. He doesn't like to talk about his feeling so therapy was torchure. I was wasting my money. Now at 22 he has been live with his hell for 3 years now and is at the point he now wants help and is willing to do what it takes. In the mean time, I have been doing alot of research and reading and came upon Dr. Amen. I see my son in his books. I am willing to take him to Dr. Amens clinic in VA, and spend however much it takes but am hoping its not all
for nothing. I am hoping someone here has had some experience with Dr Amen and/or his clinic and can tell me their story of their experience. Everyone tells me there have to doctors in NY that do the same thing Dr Amen's clinic can do for him, but I don't seem to find any. If anyone can shed some light on where I could take him in NY, NJ, PA or CT area for care similiar to Dr Amen's clinic and follow the same philosophies, I would gladly go there.
Thanks
redlinda1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-14-2010)