View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Sorry to hear your frustrations :(

I hate the fact that there is even the term 'Conversion Disorder', because the vibe I get, it is a 'fancy' label a Dr wants to tag on someone and send them off believing that they are 'exaggerating' their problems or that they are borderline 'hysteria'....... I'm sure many here have left Dr's offices (in my case Neuro #2, and PM #3) with this tagged on them as a possible diagnosis....

One of the most hopeless feelings conceivable is when no one seems to believe us.

When you've had your episodes, did you become extremely confused......? I witnessed my best friend having what later was found out to be a TIA..... It was freaky. She was terrified. It didn't last long, but for about 5 minutes, she became so confused she didn't recognize me and she had no idea where we were (we were in a car and thank God I was driving). She babbled incoherently and at first I thought she was joking. To top it off, she was 8 mo pregnant at the time.
She's been ok since. We are in our mid 40's now. This happened about 10 yrs ago. She's had about 5 of those episodes over the past 20 yrs.

You've come to a good place. Here you won't be written off as some sort of 'attention seeker'.
You've got something going on and it needs to be pinned down. Many knowledgeable folks here.
I don't claim to know much at all......just compassion.....but that's a good start huh!

Truly Caring
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-14-2010), tamiloo (03-14-2010)