View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 05:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Hi Matthew, my younger son has hydrocephalus and was also born with only one kidney which wasn't working properly, so was in hospital at 6 weeks old. I can understand exactly how you feel, you are in the hands of the doctors, you feel scared, helpless and terified something awful will happen. I can assure you the worst part is the waiting, not knowing what is wrong and waiting for them to make up their minds what to do. They will sort it, your little boy like mine is obviously a fighter. My son is now 36, on his 3rd shunt, we have just returned from The John Radcliffe in Oxford, they have reset the pressure from 90 to 100. His first shunt drained into his heart the second and subsequent one into his stomach. We've had some worries over the years as you would expect, but he's been able to lead a normal life, except that we cant go through airport security gate as it alters the pressure setting. we go by ery instead. So try not to panic too much the Doctors will get to the bottom of it, best not to rush and make the wrong decision. kind regards and love to Harry Ann
jim's mum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote