View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 08:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I have had leg problems since I was 11 (I am now 21), I had a series of relatively minor sports injuries. I was incredibly sporty, focusing most of my time either on athletics (the hurdles in particular) and on horse riding. By the time I was 15/16 they started giving me steroid injections every 3-4 months into my right knee, which kept me wallking until mid August (09). I had another steroid injection at the begining of September as usual however it didn't work. At that point they diagnosed RSD.

I have had problems controlling the temperature in that knee for a number of years, sometimes its really hot to touch other times it feels like a joint of meat you've just bought from the butchers. It also changes colour a lot and has done for a number of years.

I have now been on crutches for 7 months. I am in constant pain and on high doses of medication which I don't think is working at all, however when I don't take the medication I end up literally screaming my head off from the pain.

They have now said that they think I have got RSD in my right wrist from being on crutches (a couple of months ago they were saying I had tendonitis in both wrists from the crutches). So I'm having to wear a wrist splint a lot of the time.

My knee has reached the point where I am having to wear wither pyjama bottoms the whole time or linen trousers . On cold days I end up wearin the pyjama bottoms under the linen trousers. It is just too sensitive for me to have any other choices.

I am on a lot of medication and I'm not sure what is working and what isn't. In case anyone can make any recommendations having 'tried and tested' a lot of these no doubt I would love to hear your advice and opinions. Here is what I am on:

Naproxen- max dose,
Omeprazole- to deal with the side effects of the naproxen,
Lyrica- max dose,
Tramadol- max dose,
Paracetamol- max dose,
Quinine,
Citalopram,
Buccastem- max dose- to deal with the tramadol,
Oromorph- only when it flares up really badly.

I am also on a lot of supplements:

Dual Giinseng, Turmeric, Balance B-50, Multi Omega 3-6-9, Methyl B-12.

I would really appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Thanks,

Kate
kate88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gatorsmomma (05-27-2010)