View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Congrats! I'm excited for you! I love anything Mac! Bet once you get it we won't hear much from you for awhile 'cause you'll be too busy having fun!

I wanted a laptop for about 9 years 'cause it's too hard for me to sit at a desk, blah, blah, blah. And I've wanted a Mac for about 15 years. So this last August I bought the Macbook. And it's better than I thought it would be! I am now a Mac groupie. Tee-hee.

I don't even want to *see* the i-Pad or I'll want one.

Oh! Not sure if this interests you, but just in case....I researched insurance for my Mac 'cause the regular insurance offered, 1., costs a fortune, and 2., it doesn't cover anything that's accidental!
Like dropping it, or stepping on it, or water spillage, or theft, or even the screen cracking from touching it! It's a real problem 'cause they can always say the problem is considered "accidental" (read: your fault) so not covered under their policy. ( Google accidental insurance for laptops and you'll see what I mean.)
Anyway, someone said they bought their insurance through State Farm for $14.00 a year compared to $300.00 a year offered by Best Buy!
So I called my agent and sure enough they offer a "separate article" policy that covers anything accidental for $24.00 a year!
FWIW,
Sunrise
PS: Editing to add that the warranty is not the same thing as insurance. Sorry if i am being redundant.

Last edited by Sunrise; 03-14-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: forgot something
Sunrise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-14-2010)