View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello All,

I just got back from Las Vegas on Friday evening and thought it would be a good idea to post an update.

Laura - to answer your question regarding the "fade out" period, yes, my mother does experience that.

To summarize the original Rx plan the neuro recommended:

My mom started on a 30-day supply of the Carbidopa / Levodopa 25/100. Once this Rx ran out, my mother was to mail-order a 90-day supply of the same medicine.

At the same time as the 90-day of the carbidopa / levodopa was mail-ordered, a second Rx was either written and/or mailed-in for the "ER" (extended release) version of the medication. I believe the dosage, 25/100, was to be the same for the ER as the regular release.

Long story short, the mail-order company got some "wires crossed" some where and we ended up with (2) 90-day supplies of the ER pills. It took a day or two for my mother to realize this, but after a few phone calls, we now have an Rx for both the IR and the ER. I believe that the instructions are to take 1 pill of the IR and 1 pill of the ER at the same time, 3 times a day. Does that sound correct?

That is where we are. At lunch this afternoon my mom wrote out some checks by herself (to pay bills) so she obviously felt up to doing that. I typically handle this for her when I come home on weekends. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I noticed the small improvements such as the incresae in personality, strengthened voice, etc. I am really hoping that when she starts to take the IR and ER that the mobility in the legs will start to come back.

Does anyone else have any experience or comments regarding increase in mobility after the combination of IR and ER?

Thanks for all the continued support.

Matt
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote