View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi I have RSD and I have a great pain doc and ortho who takes care of me. My ortho is in Statesville, NC. He is very knowledgeable in RSD. His name is Richard Adams. He works with Peidmont Health Care. He is in his 70's, but he is great. If he retires I don't know what I'll do. He works hand in hand with my pain doc. Douglas Prichard. They are a great team. It sounds like her doc's are doing good though. Im 28 and have had RSD diagnosed for 2 years. I truly believe that I've had it since I was in high school. I first had a temp test done, then a tri-phase bone scan done. Mine had been so long that my spinal injections did not help. I then did a epidural block and was unsucessful. I was told that I would have had a better chance for a cure or remission if it was treated early. I now have the SCS and it helps great for the pain in my foot and leg. I wouldn't advise anyone getting one without careful consideration because it is very invasive. I just fell and messed mine up and will be having surgery to fix it. Good luck and hope your daughter does well. If you ever need to change docs you can look mine up on the internet. He speciallizes in the SCS.
abrown176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote