View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlindeb25 View Post
Yeah, that mini-hurricane hit here too. 4" of rain, and 55-60 mph winds..after the computer and tv went down for the 3rd time, I went to bed. Thankfully, we never did lose power completely, only for minute or so at a time. Enough for Cablevision to aggravate me!

I wish gluten wasn't an issue for me, if not, then probably I wouldn't have any of these other issues either.

I used to take Puritan Pride's liquid B12 until I found out cyna wasn't the right type, then I switched to Jarrow. I was very aggravated when they lied about the gluten in their Woman's Mulitple vitamin, and have not been back...loved the buy one, get 2 free though.
You want gluten free? You want to be able to eat a nice dish of pasta with any sauce you like.

Get a load of what I found.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/index.html

Just to see how this looks and is served, I went to youtube and typed in Miracle Noodles.

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I watched all the videos, and when I found one where the person actually tasted it in front of the webcam, and exclaimed: "Oh my goodness, this tastes exactly like spaghetti", I was hooked.

I then watched more videos and found out that you don't necessarily have to purchase this on the internet. That certain asian markets sell these.

Well!!!! SUCCESS!!!

Well, living in Brooklyn, I am surrounded by various asian markets.

I walked into one, went into their refrigerator section, where they have all the packages of various things like fish balls (I have no idea what these are) but I poked around and sure enough I found the noodles.

The ones I found are not called Miracle Noodles. But the ingredients and the contents are exactly the same.

Mine are called KONNYAKU Yam noodles

No fat, all fiber, it's packaged in liquid. you just open up, drain and rinse a few times and do whatever you wish with it. Add tomatoe sauce, add sweet and sour, or teriyaki WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO WITH THESE NOODLES.

it says on the package serving size is 7 pieces. In this particular package the noodles are like dumplings. You just unfold them, use your fingers and separate them and it's angel air pasta.

Since there are 14 pieces, one serving size is 7 pieces. Seven pieces of these (which would unfold to a lot of angel hair pasta, would be 50 calories, and 13 grams of carbs. 8 grams of fiber.

For me, I would use 2 of these dumpling things, and add my fresh veggies, add a little low sodium teriyaki sauce, and the whole thing would maybe be 25 or so calories.

YOU CANNOT BEAT THIS. I'm a diabetic and I eat low-glycemic all the time.

This is practically no-glycemic.

I'm still searching for the Shirataki noodles, (the ones in the miracle noodles). They are zero calories, zero everything.

But I was so happy to find the KONNYAKU yam noodles, well tonight we try it out.

I'll probably make a video and put it up on youtube.

Oh, and I found this site

http://www.justhungry.com/2007/01/ko...i_ojftmhy.html

After reading the site, scroll down to the bottom where people leave comments and someone posted about how they like it because it's gluten free.

Don't know if you already heard of these noodles, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Melody

So take a look at the miracle noodles website.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote