View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawes26 View Post
OK, so I originally joined the community because I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It has been over a year since the diagnosis and I am worse. My doc has put me through every treatment option and nothing seems to work.

I learned about MG when I was first diagnosed with FM and immediately thought I had it (MG). I asked 3 docs and they all said it wasn't possible, as my eyes and face looked fine. I couldn't get anyone to listen. I thought I would shoot out my symptoms and just see what some of you all thought.

My symptoms are:
-Both arms (mainly wrist and hands) just feel numb inside. Like I can't get them to work properly without a ton of coaxing. They hurt constantly and feel like they are on fire.
-My legs just hurt. They never really want to work.
-My brain feels like somebody opened my head and breathed some smoke in it. everything is foggy.
-My throat hurts often but not all the time.
-On good days, I can be active for about 4 hours. On bad days, I can't even get off the couch.
-All of my muscles are extremely sensitive to pressure (not touch). I have to constantly shift positions because the muscles touching the chair just start burning.
-All of my muscles just give out after moderate usage. I just have absolutely no stamina.
-It is very difficult to hold my head up. It feels like my neck is just to weak to do it.
-Sometimes I get really short on breathe. I just can't catch it.
-I get really frustrated and angry really easy. I was never like this before.
-I have absolutely motivation. In fact, I have stopped typing this message 3 times already.
-My memory is non existent. I got lost driving home the other day...in my own sub-division.

I have been ready others post about the dis-order and can't help feel a commonality. The problem is that any description of MG suggest eye problems...I don't have this. Plus, my symptoms occur for several days and then go away for several. Does this dis-order come and go like this?

Thanks to any feedback.
I highlighted in RED the parts that could sound somewhat MGish. Could the other parts be from your Fibro? Overlapping autoimmunes can cause weird symptoms.

I didn't have ANY eye problems until about a year or two AFTER diagnosis. My neuro didn't think I had MG, either -- it was confirmed with a bloodtest. My only initial symptom was not being able to whistle. And, YES, in the EARLY stages, my symptoms DID come and go. Now, not so much.

Since MS, RA, and Lupus have been ruled out, I agree with you that MG seems to be quite possible.