View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What kind of wrist braces did you use? I'm thinking of getting something neoprene that's not too tight, loose enough so that i don't sweat yet tight enough that my wrist remains firm. The same for my elbow. But since I move around a lot when I sleep, this will create certain discomfort. I'm not at a stage where I experience any pain, however. So far, the only symptoms are hands and arms going numb at night and occasional soreness after being on a computer. But the frequently with which my hands go numb does alarm me, and my neuro told me to try to prevent that, if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
I used the wrist braces for about 6 months at night. It really did help and I was surprised that it did,
I'm a financial analyst, so I use the computer extensively. About 8 years ago, I swore I had carpal tunnel: my hands were so sore, and I used to be a wordprocessor. My neuro told me I didn't, however. The EMG/NCV test I took only showed ulnar entrapment so far. But I can tell you, it has worsened since my test, which was 3 months ago, and I'm wondering why - my hands are going numb much more frequently at night, multiple times. On the other hand, my feet seem to be getting better, probably because I've normalized my blood sugar (no more pins & needles). This tells me whatever I'm doing is probably work-related: tapping on the keyboard with my right hand -- I've stopped working out with weights for fear it will worsen my neuropathy. My left hand isn't as bad, since I'm a rightie and use the numberic keyboard and characters on the right extensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
What kind of work do you do? This sounds so much like how my RSI started. I'm wondering if it is some kind of repetitive strain injury? I had the neoprene wrist wraps that were soft but supportive and warming.
dolby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote