View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 08:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLV View Post
Ortho- So far my husband, daughter, and I have tried the zinc tally.

I started to take the digestive enzyme Azeo-Pangen in July when I cut out the foods I have a delayed reaction to. Azeo-Pangen contains protease, amylase and lipase and was recommended by my son's nutritionist. Between the diet and enzymes I have noticed a substantial decrease in the tingling in my legs (which I have had for over 5 years). The tingling still is occurs but I certainly notice I can do things that always used to trigger it and sometimes I do not have it. I am hopeful that with time I will have more improvement.

--Judy
I think a zinc deficiency is likely for those with either gluten or cesium issues, at least that is what I read. The right nutritional supplements can help with reducing the allergic reaction in some people. But, the hardest part is getting a doctor who can help with the right combination of nutritional supplements you need.

Enzymes may help the allergy/sensitivity issue OR just help your digestion overall. I think adults can probably benefit from taking enzymes if they have some food issues or even digestive problems. Again, finding the right enzymes can be the hardest part sometimes. Trial and error is needed because everyone is different, really.

But employing all of the things that can help is probably the best method; that means nutritional support, improving digestion with enzymes and possibly bi-carbonate too, and perhaps some diet adjustments, like a rotation diet for some or avoiding addictives and artificial colorings.

Sometimes using enzymes on an empty stomach can also help. The allergic response is an inflammatory response and proteolytic enzymes are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. So using systemic enzymes can be helpful too.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote