View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, I have had back and leg pain for years and years. I have had the injections and the burning. That work for a few years but with the disc slowly disappearing one by one the shots just weren't working anymore. I had the SCS put in for 5 days. I knew it worked some but I didn't know just how much until they took it out. I had the permanent on put in last Tuesday.
I look into all 3 of them on the market that I could find and I liked the Boston Scientific the best. With luck that's the one my pain doctor likes to use also.
Putting it in is painful. But so were the shots, and the burning. My doctor is very good about not wanting me to feel pain so he did do the best he could about numbing me. He gave me pain pills to help afterwards. The first night was rough just like with any surgery. I have do have discomfort at both sights, but it's only been a week. I turn my unit on while I'm laying down. It's working very good so far. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to check everything out and have it fine tuned some.
After everything I've gone through so far with my back pain this seems to help.
What implant are you having put in?
Good luck.
Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Hello
I am wondering if there are many here who have interest in these implantable units for chronic pain?
It seems there are more and more folks coming to the board looking for info on these units. For some reason, especially lately, it seems doctors are practically forcing people to get these units.
I am scheduled to get the SCS later this month.
I usually post on the RSD forum, as there are quite a few folks there with the stimulators and/or pain pumps.

We have put in a request to open a new forum or subforum specifically for discussion on this topic.

Are there many here on the Spinal and Back Pain forum who would be interested in having this forum? If so, would you be willing to share your stories and experiences for the benefit of those seeking out this information.

Reason for asking, there are SCS posts scattered throughout a few other forums and it would be very convenient to have a forum that people could go to without having to do a 'search' on all the other forums.

People are very hungry for info on this!
Thank you all

Rae
mwest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
robinkeo (09-13-2012)