View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Alex,

If the flipper is less tight against the teeth, then some of the inflammation has gone down. However, the soreness under your nose above the extraction site and the throbbing indicates that the flipper is too snug up against the surgical area. This will impede the healing process, so it is wise not to wear the flipper until you can get it adjusted by your dentist.

After the adjustment that throbbing should go away and the soreness will slowly subside.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
Well the flipper being tight next to the other front tooth is a lot better. But the flipper still feels like it is pinching the gum. So it is looking like I need an adjustment on it.

But right under my nose has become very sore (above the tooth that was extracted). I don't remember it being sore before. Could this be from wearing the flipper or just the healing of the extraction site? Also it throbs when I wear the flipper. Is that from healing or it being tight? I just had the surgery Thursday so I don't know what is normal.

Oh and I didn't wear the flipper straight for the first 24 hours. They told me to wear it that afternoon. So I didn't put it in until about 7 hours after the extraction and wore it for a few hours. And now I am wearing it more. But after wearing it for 3-4 hours I have to take it out because it gets so uncomfortable. And then I put it back in a few hours later.

The extraction site looks really good and I am on antibiotic. I know I probably need to give it more time, but patience is not one of my gifts.

Thanks!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote