View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=dolby;632695]What kind of wrist braces did you use? I'm thinking of getting something neoprene that's not too tight, loose enough so that i don't sweat yet tight enough that my wrist remains firm. The same for my elbow. But since I move around a lot when I sleep, this will create certain discomfort. /QUOTE]

Hi! I used the one like this: (copied from previous post) "It is lace-up canvas with flannel lining, and is more breathable than other varieties. It has an aluminum spoon to keep the wrist stationary, but it can also be removed. The lace straps pull to tighten, then attach to velcro, so they are very easy to fasten one-handed."

Mine did not lace up, but they had velcro. And they had the aluminum "spoon" to keep the wrist stationary and in the proper angle. I also have neoprene "gloves" that I used for the computer but I found them too confining and didn't really like them. Yet my sister uses them and likes a lot.

Basically I just used what the doctor ordered me and figured it was supposed to work. :P
At first I thought "I can't wear these and sleep!" I felt like I was suiting up for a space walk on the moon at night. But actually I didn't have any problem with discomfort while sleeping (at least from the braces) and I'm a light sleeper.

I know it's so hard, but try not to worry too much. I have been DX'd with so many things since 2001 and many have healed, or were wrong DX's in the first place. Probably most healing happened on it's own, since I have had no surgery of any kind for any problem.
Sunrise