View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue

Yes, they have software to compare people. Anything you put in your profile they use to link to others!

My husband has FB and he put Army veteran in and everyone who has been in the Army shows up there! Same with his graduation from college.... he's never heard of any of them!

I don't trust Facebook! I don't have one for myself. ( I use his).
We have maximum security on it too.

There are too many intrusions there to keep any semblance of privacy.

And as far as I am concerned, it is mostly "me, me, me"... Look what I like--- see how popular I am....etc.

There are some legit people there, but I have seen so many superficial things, that I find it depressing. If people define themselves this way, I don't understand how they find time to create a real self for themselves.

Facebook has been hacked more than once. For this reason be careful putting up any personal data that can lead to your identity being stolen. We do not use any of the photo posting offers. We have only a very small group of close friends and relatives on there.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-15-2010), SallyC (03-16-2010)