View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Hi again, jennyj~

I read your post on the MS forum where I sometimes browse. You might want to pm or post to JudyLV here... who was diagnosed with MS, but has seen improvement on a gf/cf diet.

I also have some info on possible MS/Celiac connection in The Gluten File: Multiple Sclerosis

There was a man named Nick, very active with the Direct-MS website, who used to post on the BrainTalk forums. Not sure if he has posted here at NeuroTalk or not, but he had a lot of good information in regard to food sensitivity/ MS connection.

I know it remains a contentious subject, but with everything I have learned about Celiac Disease (and Gluten Sensitivity, and other food sensitivity)... I strongly believe that some cases of MS may actually be misdiagnosed Celiac Disease (or Vitamin B12 Deficiency, which can also mimick MS, and is not uncommon among those with Celiac Disease).

I have known people who have both celiac disease and MS, and the MS continues to progress. I do wonder, though, if removing casein and soy (or other foods the person might show sensitivity to)would make a difference for those patients.

Have you read about zonulin and leaky gut in the context of autoimmune disease? This is one new area of research which is concentrating now on Celiac DIsease and Diabetes, but may have implications with MS as well. Zonulin

Celiac Disease is the only autoimmune disease with known cause (and cure). It seems wise to consider food sensitivity in other autoimmune disease as well. I think they will know a lot more in another ten years.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 01-26-2007 at 12:02 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote