View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It isn't just PD that this is relevant to either, there are a fair few neurological diseases that seem to have borderline cases where people seem to maybe have fibro/pd or ms/altzheimers pd/ms etc., and things are not so easy to sort out. Chances are there won't be a cure, but more likely a series pf breakthrough 'accidents' that will allow for better quality of life for people with different PD issues. I am not sure that there will be a PD 'cure', just like there won't be a definitive cancer sure, how could there be with so many different variables. And what of MSA or LBD? What I would like to see is that all people with this spectrum of disorders are treated properly in the here and now, no matter how old or infirm they are, and that medical science starts to document what is really going on with patients, instead of trying to pattern match people to what must surely now be an obsolete picture. If for instance they started to really look at the non-motor symptoms in thousands of people surely they would learn something new, and what about the pain that is often said to not be a PD symptom.....!!??

Not that I don't want to see research, but that whichever way you look at it, science is simply not as rational as it would like to be seen to be. I am with those that think that the approach to the problem is as important to finding viable treatments as ever, and that maybe research is not as open-minded as it could be...

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote