View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I agree with MRSD on the Igenex thing. I had a well documented case of Lyme, and rising titer from the state lab, and now nothing...except on Igenex.

The other thing I see, is tight face. Is your skin actually tightening? Any telangiectasis? Did they do an ANA and ENA? I have that face sensation too. My ANA is very high....but, I had the PN for 2 years prior to my ANA going ballistic. Get tested for all the autoimmune things, and given the eyelid thing, myasthenia gravis. I know it is a long shot, you being male (?), but, stranger things have happened. Many men get autoimmune disease.

Old barns are hideous for chemical residue. I wonder if you could have gotten near any bad chemicals? Eye dryness can be more than inflammation, it can result from neurotoxicity. Sjogren's occurs less often in men, but still does. I think more likely, it is neurologically caused. Could you get an autonomic battery done somewhere?

I am soooo glad you had the skin biopsy. I felt a lot like you. I was shocked when they told me I had PN....utterly shocked. I never had any wierd stuff....just dead feeling, and limbs falling asleep.

Another option if they don't find the cause is the hereditary neuropathy testing by Athena...(careful, check with insurance).

This is the beginning of a long journey, but start with the Igenex lab. You may be surprised at what you find. I am + for Borrelia and also Erlichosis. I had it 16 years ago. I also have that 'weakness' you speak of. I have to be sure of every foot plant on my right side....I never trust that leg. And to think I used to be a runner! (This sux).

Good luck to you, let us know what happens.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote