Thread: MRI of C spine
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT

Jo*mar has written her heart out. That's a lot of great information to digest.

I totally agree with her. The "POSTURE" is most important. I'm stronger now so I can hold myself upright and in better alignment. It's been almost 10 years. So I've been trhough a lot. Baby steps if you have to. Crawl if you have to, but try things as your body tells you. I've also found that I had to wean myself off of things.... supports, meds, PT, balls, nests...

I also found that I could do something for a while and I would plateau for whatever reasons. I would discontinue and then later find myself going back to it to gain a little more.

I have placed a long dressing mirror at the side of my workstation as my "POSTURE POLICE." this has done wonders for my posture. I also have to use balls in my chair to keep aligned. whatever it takes, just do it. The foam tubes, towels, balls, king sized pillow turned up and down the spine - as soft, squishy one, all these work too.

My therapist/friend got me a twist board for Xmas that I can use at my workstation. It is making my core/stomach stronger so I can support my back better.

I do think it has helped.

And inhale water... drink as much as you can tolerate. It helps the whole body, brain and bladder.

Lots of info here. So plan on spending some time looking around.

I know you'll find lots of caring people here.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-16-2010)