View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update - 5 weeks after implant

Well, I am at the 5 week point after the implant. I took an additional week off from work because I am was still have a great deal of back/muscle pain from the surgery. This has been the my first week back to work...although I am working half days and am hoping to go to full days next week.

I still am experiencing a great deal of muscle/back pain. It feels as though someone has their hands around my ribs and is squeezing and if I move a certain way, I get a sharp pain in my back (a little lower than the incision area on the left side usually). The doctors did tests for blood clots and to make sure that my lung did not collapse or that my ribs didn't rupture anything so I am thinking it is muscle issues. The doctor also told me that it could be because I have the stimulator on too high. (I have used a tens unit before so I was thinking that the higher the better but apparently lower can be just as good since it is internal.) Good to know!

I think it will take awhile to feel normal again from the surgery. As far as the stimulator, I have had to have it reprogrammed numerous times so I really haven't felt like I can determine if it is truly working or not because of the inconsistency. However, my doctor is fantastic about reprogramming it and really takes the time to work with me. Although I don't think she is as happy with the coverage. Although, she did not say that to me....just a gut feeling I got from her non verbal reactions when trying to reprogram it. Time will tell. I'm just going to take one day at a time and hope for the best.
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-16-2010)