View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kendra,
I have been on Cellcept for five years and have not had any problems while taking it BUT I do not have a history of skin cancer like you do. I can understand your concern and it is VERY VALID. I hope you are not feeling as if you are being paranoid because you are not. You are being cautious.

I agree with Annie that many doctors really only focus on their specialty instead of how they can make the "whole person better". That is one reason why I have began to research on how to make my whole self better. I realized during my relapse that the only person on this earth who really cares about me is ME. I know my body better than anyone else. My Primary Care Physician and my Neurologist acknowledge this too and are happy when I am very detailed about what is going on with me healthwise not only Mentally but Physically during my appointments. I have added my Spiritual aspect as well. They also are pleased with my questions because as good as they are, they admit that I bring up concerns that they don't even think about.

I would keep discussing this with ALL of your physicians until you are comfortable with starting Cellcept. I too would probably wait until you finish your antibiotics because as you have stated and all of us with MG know, any type of illness can make our MG worse.

I was only on Mestinon for the first 9 years of my disease (was diagnosed in 1995) But in 2005 I began taking Cellcept and also started IVIG because I had my first real relapse. It was my decision to proceed with both as my Neurologist left it up to me to decide additional treatment. He provided the options and I made the choice. Of course MG is very individualized so the state of my MG when I started Cellcept may not be what yours is now.

Hard as it is, try your best not to worry too much as that can only make everything worse. I know from experience. It's tough but follow your gut instincts. They are there for a reason.

Blessings,
Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (03-16-2010)