View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 08:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default So far, so good on new med my dtr is taking - ABILIFY

This was placed on the BT forum the other day, before she had her car accident yesterday, on her 24th birthday....

Hey gang - it's been pretty quiet around here lately!! Is everyone snowed in, or just frozen solid? Anyhow, I thought I'd pop in and talk briefly about the new med my dtr is on, Abilify. She started w/ only 1/2 of a 5mg pill, and, the first few days were quite something . She was jittery, anxious, hyper, all rolled into one! Thankfully, tho, she stuck w/ it, and it's been about a week and a half now, and she's taking 5mg every morning, and her pdoc wants her to go to 10mg in 2 weeks. He's hoping to be able to phase out the Seroquel, as that has been a major weight gainer for her, and it can almost make her TOO tired.

My conncern here is that she has allways had sleep problems, and I wonder if she will be able to totally eliminate the Seroquel eventually? She takkes a host of other meds, like lamictal, lithium, Zoloft, Klonipin, an occasional Xanax, can't think of any others. Otherwise, she is doing quite well, and will celebrate her 24th birthday on the 24th!

How is Abilify working for you, if you take it??

Thanks, and have a pleasant week-end!

Jacquie

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!

Last edited by Just Jacquie; 01-25-2007 at 09:01 PM.