View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Mestinon helps me

I think I reached a point similar to where you are.

I know the Mestinon is helping me, and I am very very thankful for it because at least I can live. I absolutely know that it is helping me.

On the other hand, I have not been able to live "normally" as my doctor insists that I can with Mestinon.

I kept track of my symptoms and my Mestinon dosage and finally came up with a best dosage. Any more or less and my symptoms increase.

But Mestinon only keeps my symptoms gone if I pretty much do nothing. I start to feel normal and then I do something besides basic living (basic means things like cooking, eating, brushing my teeth, showering, etc) and I collapse with weakness or I get double vision or something else that puts a stop to everything. I can't work full time or even play normally.

I am tired of my doctor saying I can live a normal life... ridiculous! Is there anyone in this forum that lives a normal life with MG? Is there anyone with MG that lives a normal life?

I have almost accepted having MG and find that I can live with it as long as I have Mestinon, but I haven't figured out the financial part yet. How do you survive if you can't work more than about 12 hours a week consistantly?

I feel bad that you can't go back to your normal self, and I suspect that you won't be able to unless you are one of the rare ones who go into remission. Hopefully you will, I hope this for every one of us, but there is no counting on it.

Sorry for the long post. I am feeling sad at the moment. I really really really hate MG....and I really don't like this expectation of being "normal", that is why I responded because I am getting tired of hearing it, too. My family expects a miracle and thinks I should try other medicine or even go to another doctor with the hope of some miracle drug or cure. My doctor expects that I will live a normal life and won't even listen to my complaints, he just says to give it time. How much longer do I have to wait? My MG has pretty much stabilized at this point and I am far from "normal".

Why won't everyone just accept that I have MG and need to live a little differently, slower than before. I am fine with that. I don't want to keep having doctors do tests on me or experiment with me - Mestinon helps enough and that is good enough for me, I don't want anything more, just please keep prescribing the Mestinon that's all I ask. I wish I had just one person to give me some emotional support on this.

Thank you everyone here, you are very supportive...but I am really needing a physical person who is in my real life to give me some emotional support and I am not getting it at all.

Rainy days are the worst for me. When the storms come, I lose all energy and pretty much sit on the couch or in front of the computer all day. My legs feel like jello when it rains and I have a hard time thinking clearly. Luckily the weather here is usually sunny.

You are not alone in your feelings about MG. I hope my comments above are not taken in a bad way, I am meaning to share how I feel, because I know it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone with MG. I do feel bad right now, so I may have gotten a little carried away with my complaints.

I hope you are feeling better and that the Mestinon is helping.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote