View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Timo ~ When I was your age, I had HORRIBLE attacks like yours, and it scared the crap out of me! LOL. My heart rate would spike to uncountable rates ~ even the doctor couldn't count it, it was so fast!!! The doc ran EKG's, and everything was normal. So she ordered an Echocardiogram, and that showed that I had a prolapsed Mitral valve, which is nothing really serious ~ at least mine wasn't. It's also quite common.

I was treated with Inderal which I believe they use for heart patients. It slowed my heart rate down big time. After taking it for quite a few years, I learned how to slow my OWN heart rate down. You can do this too.

1. Put your finger on your carotid artery in your neck ~ the big artery where you can feel your heart beat. Hold your finger there & put pressure on the artery for a few seconds ~ maybe 20 seconds or so. Your heart beat should slow down.

2. Take a COLD drink of water. Take 2 or 3 sips of very cold water. Sometimes this will work, but #1 usually works better.

As everyone has said you NEED TO GET THIS CHECKED OUT. It might be caused by anxiety and you don't realize it, but it could be something you NEED to know about!!! PLEASE see a doctor as soon as possible. God bless and take care. Peace, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote