View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Sandy -

Thank you for the good thoughts. But understand I never meant to imply that work and a meditative perspective are mutually exclusive. Far from it. Just that everyone has to play the hand they've been dealt with as much focus as they can bring to the thing at hand. In the world of "mindful pain management," it is said that Suffering = Pain X Resistance. The advice I'm giving is to avoid sailing into headwinds, and if that's where you have to go, then you need to first learn how to tact. Simple as that. Or in an even more physical metaphor, use the greater mass of an opposing body to fling yourself around it. But for God's sake, don't think for more than five minutes that all is lost just because every assumption and plan of and about who you are and what you would become has suddenly come undone.

Think instaed of incorporating a little Tai Chi in your toolkit. Because it's a break that anyone trying to navigate their way through the world of work and CRPS definitely needs. And always, always, always question your own operating assumptions.

Mike
Thank you. Very much.

I have a disability policy. I was told that my shoulder injury, which had just occurred (and in my mind was a relatively minor event), was going to be deemed a "pre-existing" condition and disallowed. I should obtain a copy of the policy and see exactly what is written... and attempt a claim anyway.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote