View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink hardening off 2 flats already:

Here are two pics of 2 of the 5 flats I am beginning to harden off.

The first picture is of the same flat I posted earlier in this thread.
(ornamental grass and 2 varieties of catmint--see my profile album)
The catmint on the left of this picture is more vigorous and is from seed I collected from my own plant upNorth. The one on the right is related...called Calamintha I bought these seeds from ThompsonMorgan. I don't know what the Calamintha is going to look like when it flowers. I am hoping the deer won't eat these, as they have a lemon scent to their leaves. That would be a big advantage for ME. LOL

The other is another one that was ready. (it has Butterfly weed, globe thistle, and a few ornamental grasses that were extra)

Today I am starting my gazanias indoors. I am doing that right into their cells so I won't have the tedious sensitive task of
transplanting, which means "losses".

Things are going pretty well. Only 4 major germination failures out of 16!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-04-2010 at 03:30 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (05-24-2010), ewizabeth (03-30-2010)