Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I had to take a deep breath, Tyson, before I posted.

You are still working out? Seriously? Do you still not get it?

Sorry, but I don't understand. You have something else going on that either directly or indirectly affects your heart and breathing. Until you get that figured out, you need to back off on activity of all kinds. Give your body a chance to recover. When MG gets pushed to the limit, then it can take a much longer time than a couple of days to get better. After my crisis, it took over a month.

Congrats on getting into that school. I hope you can get better and finish college. It feels really good to have that kind of accomplishment.

It still seems like you are caught between "I have a disease" and "I don't want a disease." It's a hard reality to admit to let alone live with. If you don't just accept it, I'm afraid of how much worse you might get. What you described in school sounded like MG getting worse the more you did during the day. My pulse goes really high just rolling over in bed when my MG is bad. That's one of the first big warning signs (that you better stay in bed).

Is it peer pressure? Just hating what the disease does to your life? Denial?

Please remember that sitting still in a neuros office may not give a clear enough picture of how someone's MG is doing. And unless they give you a real workout during the clinical exam, they can't tell by "looking" if your MG is truly better or not. MG is kinetic. It changes from morning to night, from day to day. You could see a neuro on a Monday and be near a crisis by Friday.

I hope your docs can figure out what's going on. It would be great if you could feel better enough to get through four years or more of college. It was the best time I've ever had.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (03-17-2010)