View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Thank you SO much for the update! You've been on my heart and now I see why!
Sounds like you're having a time of it right now

BUT! remind yourself that your surgery was wayyy beyond just the simple percutanous lead implant......you had bone removed and the whole kitandkaboodle!! Try not to get discouraged at this point! Your body has been thru aLOT.

Plus, you ARE tough ..... that i DO know!

I do recall my rep making a big issue while she was setting my programs that she wanted to make SURE the stimulation didn't get into the abdominal area and produce a 'pulling' sensation...... this kinda sounds like what you are describing about the sensation at your ribs.
She did a simple adjustment in the settings to avoid this.

I know you've already had several re-programming sessions, but I'm hoping it's a simple adjustment they can do to get rid of that 'grabbing' feeling...

Also, which of the 'pulse rate' settings do you find most comfortable? I notice that when I set it to the slower rate, it produces a 'thumping' feeling that can get pretty intense, so i turn UP the rate to get more of a consistent 'buzzing vibration'.
I'm still not sure how to set the "amptitude" parameter, or the pulse width.....maybe these still need tweeked?
So, maybe since you had used the TENS unit a certain way, you may be using settings that are too high for you right now while your body is still fragile and vulnerable from the intense surgery.
Maybe try keeping the stim down pretty low for now until your body gets stronger? I have no idea what I'm talking about to tell the truth, but these are thoughts that are coming to mind as I put myself in your shoes.......
I sure don't want to see you get discouraged.

I just know this is gonna work out for you......it's just that you've been thru the most intense type of implant that I know of, so .......
Dang, I wish you could tolerate pain meds better....at least that would keep you more comfortable while you're working this out.
Hang in there my friend.......you've got a Dr who's really looking out for you.....I'm just wondering about the programming......they'll find the right ones for you, but I sure wish it would be SOOON!

Rae
Thanks Rae!!

You do totally know what you are talking about, and I so appreciate your kind words and support!! Now, who's the one that needs to be talked down! LOL!!!

My doc and I have been trying different pulse rates and different programs so I just have to be patient......not one of my strong points!! It will get better. I just have to remind myself that it's only been 5 weeks! I wish I could tolerate better pain meds as well, but it is what it is. I'm going to focus on the future and getting better because it could be a heck of a lot worse!! The glass is always half full!!!

Take care and God bless!!
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote