Thread: melt down
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Bobber;

You are okay my friend. As we discussed before, you have had alot thrown at you in a very short time. Our mind, body and soul are all being challenged with this disease and we have very little control. You are such a gentle yet strong spirit but you are also human. This disease is not for the weak, God has chosen us for this experience for a reason. There is no way possible in this short of time that your mind can comprehend what is going on with your body. Your wires are short circuiting all over the place. Be patient with yourself and by no means do not criticise yourself for something you cannot change. I do not look at where I was a year ago, I do not look at where I am going to be a year from now, I deal with today. In all reality that is what we have and you are entitled to have a bad day!!!!

It sounds as though the debate what really not about being right or wrong it was about being heard, and your friend did not hear you. Let it go, forgive yourself and apologize to your friend. This is not worth it. You do not need another upsetting issue on your plate. I had many of these debates with my husband, in the early stages of causalgia, I would fight to the bitter end and I mean bitter end. Then I would cry for days, my pain would escalate like Pete said, it is a vicious cycle. Opt out of debates for now, even if you know you are right about something, it is not worth the torture that you put your mind and body through and I guarantee your friend is not pondering over it as you are. You are in pain, angry, frustrated, overwhelmed and scared. I was too but over time you learn to manage these side effects and you will learn to handle such situations differently but for now, avoid, avoid, avoid!!!! Fluff some pillows for your wife, I mean BEAT them, get it out you will feel so much better and your wife will be happy that you have taken on the chore of fluffing the pillows for her. As always I will keep you tentatively in my prayers, this will pass....hang in there.

God Bless you

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (03-31-2010), Kakimbo (03-18-2010)