View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What Has Become of Our Country?

I, too, was moved to tears when I saw this display of inhumanity. I am not the one with PD...I am the care partner, and after the tears, came the rage and anger. I realize that many of these people are gullible, uneducated people who "soak up"the visciousness of those who would lie and deceive...but, where is their own sense of decency and compassion? Have they been so indocrinated that they are devoid of their own sense of decency? Were they once decent people who have literally been so brain washed that they have forgotton who they once were? I have been watching and listening to all the vile rhetoric...lies...misinformation being spewed by those who have no interest in real Health Care Reform...whose only "platform" is greed...receiving millions from the Pharmaceutical and Insurance companies in an attempt to stop ANY kind of reform...lining their pockets with those millions. For months, now, I have been raising my voice here at home...even shouting at the television...and my pwp has not understood my almost "violent behavior"...UNTIL this evening when she saw what happened to that poor man with PD. She actually couldn't believe her eyes. I called her to come see and hear what I've been attempting to tell her for such a long time. If nothing else, she now understands, and she, too, was brought to tears...and I ask as I did in my title..."What has happened to our country?"

I haven't posted here in a very long time, but I felt compelled to be part of your "anger" and sadness, too.

Virginia (aka Therese)
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote