View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 07:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Confused and no answers

Back in sept of 09,, I had started to apply for SSD, and even went so far as getting Binder and Binder to represent me, during the following months I received a lot of paperwork from SS, questionarres and such,, and my doctors received there paperwork as well,, I felt good enough to go back to work and worked up till Xmas eve of 09,, and am still off work on STD,,
Now I got a call well over two months ago from Binder and Binder asking me what exactly was my last day of work,, and I told him and he said we need to readjust your last day of work and I should expect to hear nothing from SS at least till May or June,, which I tottaly expected anyway, So last Saturday I went to the Post Office and there was a letter from SS saying I was awarded benefits,, first I was glad and suprised..in hte letter it said I was getting back pay for Feb of 10,, and would receive a monthly benefits,,
My problem is,, the dates just dont make sense,, approved in three months?.. backpay to only Feb,, so I called Binder and Binder,, they first said Congrats, but wehn I questioned the timing and dates,, since I havent been off work for at least 5months,, they said we will get back to you,, I call every day at least three times but they never get back to me
I was told to not contact SS,,and when they deposit my money this week,, i will set it aside,, if I am not eligable for this benefit,, I dont want to harm my chances of staying on it,, even if it means being off it till i am eligable,, I dontknow what to do about my employment,, I am making co pays for my health insurance at the present time,,they belive I will eventually come back to work,, but I cant,, so I need guidance from some of the good SS people on here as to what I need to do,, its a struggle, my kitchen table is covered with papers,, SS papers,, Std PAPERS,, LTD papers,, its a mess,, and everyt day the paperwork just seems to get bigger andnot smaller,, thank you for reading my story
Feel the Burn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote