View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default video

I also do not think it was aimed at the gentleman because he has PD; nor do I think LImbaugh's mockery of MJFox was aimed at his Parkinson's. It was aimed at his politics, and he attacked him thru his illness.The mentality exposed bespeaks inhumaneness, intolerance, disrespect, loutish behavior as well as supreme ignorance.
I also doubt most of the participants understand the health reform bill. The polarization within our society today I feel is mostly about fear. and some politicians are masters at manipulating this emotion.
The video evoked a reptilian response within me as well as a profound sadness. My course of action was to send the link to everyone on the planet whose email address I had or to whatever forum I belonged. It was on Huffington's site as well as an alternative news site today. I emailed both sites the link; have no idea if my input precipitated the news stories.
My anger has subsided, leaving me with just sadness. I came of age in the sixties, still waiting for the altruism I felt in those days to return. Perhaps if I live long enough. madelyn

Hi Paula, we were posting at the same time. I also do not understand the health reform bill, just a few parts of it. I think I am respectful of others' views, or I try to be. I am just sad about the responses of the rally participants. madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (03-18-2010)