Thread: My Concussion
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. Prior to the last week, I was unable to come to terms with the fact that I should be minimizing my brain strain (work). I did not want to admit that I was, in fact, severely injured and did not make the connection that by maintaining my daily routine, I was harming myself. I've spoken to my boss and reduced my hours significantly. I am optimistic about the effects this will have on my daily health, as well as my long term progress.

As mentioned above, the doctors I spoke to could stimulate very little about my injury. They did not give me much useful information. My GP knew virtually nothing, whereas my neurologist harped the fact that "time" was the only healer. I wish he would have harped the importance of "rest" and not just "time". Looking back, I doubt I would have reduced my hours regardless due to my depression.

I'm thrilled i've come across this forum. Prior to stumbling upon it on google, I felt very alone and as if I was the only person that was suffering from a similar injury. I felt that no one could relate. It seems, by my person experience, that only people who have suffered this type of injury can understand. My family (the only one's that live and see my pain on a daily basis) seem to be the only one's that get what i'm going through, even my closest friends and colleagues cannot relate in the least. I'm glad (not literally of course) that I have found similar stories and information on my injury. I'm thankful this information exists, and I will be sure to read up as much as possible. My heart goes out to everyone else who is suffering from PCS. These injuries are, by definition, temporary and we will all recover in time.
blackzest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (03-18-2010), Theta Z (04-27-2010)