Thread: medtronic rep.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Shocked!!

I cannot believe the way Medtronics is treating their customers!! From other posts people have written, it doesn't sound like you are the only one either!

I have only had my implant for 5 weeks and I, too, have Medtronics. I was not that impressed with the rep who talked to me right after surgery. He came in literally minutes after I woke up in post op and started explaining how it worked. I told him to come back later when I could actually understand more than, "Can we give you more pain medication?". He came back a few hours later but I could tell I was his last visit of the day so he was very quick in the explanation and stayed maybe 15 minutes top. He said this is how you turn it on, where do you feel it, this is how you turn it up and down, and there is a DVD and manuals that explain everything in the case. Oh, and don't charge it until you meet with your dr. (I'm still not sure why that was.) Any questions? My card is in the case if you do. And then left. Well, there was no card but I did find an 800 number to use. To tell the truth, I didn't ask many questions because I still wasn't in much condition to really comprehend anything.

So, the next day when my head was more clear I did have more questions like how the heck do you recharge this. He didn't even go over that. (Come to find out it's really easy but still.) So, the nurses called Medtronics for me and the next day (I ended up staying in the hospital for 2 nights after surgery) a different rep came down. She was AWESOME. Very helpful and answered all my questions. I have not had to call them since. My doctor reprograms everything for me. I am surprised that your doctor is not helping you more. I don't understand why they wouldn't try and get a hold of Medtronics as well as you instead of just "leaving it up to you". I would consider making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau because this is your health we're talking about.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-18-2010)