View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Shelley, I never heard of GLA, but will take a look. Thank you

mrsD, I am taking the amount you suggested in your email, 400iu a day. Nature's Blend is the brand name (sold in the Air Force Commissary).

I had an Endoscopy and colonoscopy and something else yesterday, lots of biopsies being done, inflamed stomach wall, something else was mentioned....cilliacs disease (spelling??).

I don't remember everything, they are running lots of tests and will call me next week.

The last test may be the least fun. My pulse-ox is in the mid 90s, but my brain is saying it needs more oxygen. I get on oxygen, 2LPM (for example) and I can take a deep breath again, and I feel better. So why is my brain saying it is low on oxygen when the Pulse-ox is in the mid 90s?? I don't know. One Dr. suggested a clogged/blocked Carotid artery. They will go in from my arm pit if they do it. I hope I misunderstood something there. UGH!!!!

All of this is being driven by the severe chest pains. Nitrolingual relieves the pain.

Been a fun couple of months. Thanks again for your suggestions. I will take a look for the GLA locally. I would really like to get off the quinine.

mrsD, 51 was the most recent Vit D test, from Sept 2008.

Last edited by dllfo; 03-18-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Vit D amounts