View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 12:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Karen, are the sores on your rsd affected parts of your body, or the non-rsd parts? Yes, some of them start as blood blisters. I do know that some of them itch, and really without thinking about it, I scratch, and THERE THEY GO! Off and running. And some of them get so bad that they actually "crater" - get really deep. I haven't been putting anything on it, mainly because (and this will sound silly!) recently one of my puppies had an ear infection which made him scratch so badly that he had a hot spot near his ear. I put some neosporin on the spot and the vet said it was a no-no, cuz the air couldn't get to it to dry it out. That thought went thru my head when I started to get these sores. That if I covered them, they wouldn't heal. Welll......they still aren't healing! I shower every day, and they remain clean, but there are so many, I really can't put bandaids over every single one, and the nuskin I believe Curious spoke about....it would probably take a whole bottle each time I did cover them once! LOL!

Have you talked to your doc about them? If so, what has he/she said? Do they leave scars afterwards? Raised skin or just a discolored spot?

I have full body so yeah, they're on the RSD parts. LOL I mostly get the sores on my legs but I get the blood blisters everywhere, arms, fingers, torso. I had a couple of really small ones turn into sores on my torso and it's one of the few spot I don't have any rsd. I know about the scratching thing, I've just reached down to scratch an itch and bam! Oh, one thing I absolutely love, adore, worship is Gold Bond Body Lotion. Rub it on itchy spots and in seconds it stops itching! I wouldn't recommend rubbing it on a sore, burns a little, but for all other itchiness it's wonderful!! My boy cat Seamus loves the lotion too. It's sooo funny, I rub it on my legs and feet and he comes trying to lick my feet and then he rolls on my feet and go nuts!! LOL It's hilarious and I guess it's his "catnip".

I can see you trying to cover them all. LOL That would be a BIG bandaid huh? I think air is the best thing for them personally and just make sure you keep them clean and if any look a little inflamed then neosporin is a good thing to use, just a dab.

I have quite a few scars now but they're just like any old scar, like when you cut yourself and it heals up. I've never had any raised spots other than when they're sores then they're raised up off the skin a bit. I did bring it up with my pm when I first saw him and was told it's the RSD. He told me that keeping them clean and keeping an eye out for infection or inflammation is the right thing to do. He told me that if any started looking inflamed at all to call and come in so we could make a decision on what to do. Whether I'd need to see a dermatologist or if he could just give me something to help. Thankfully none have gotten that bad so haven't had to deal with that aspect. Hoping I won't either. The slow healing is part of RSD too. Anytime I get cut anywhere on my body it takes a long time to heal up. I noticed that right away cause I've always been a fast healer. Last year I stabbed myself in the hand with a pair of scissors. Oh man did that hurt!!!! Left a nice hole and now a really nice scar. Well anyway, it took 2 months to completely heal up and it should've healed up at least in 3 weeks or less. *sigh* RSD does suck!!!

Hugs,
Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote