Thread: Creosote Tea
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Creosote Tea

For anyone interested in herbal teas that may be good for MG...

I have been considering drinking Creosote (Larrea tridentata) tea long before I developed MG, it is good for all sorts of things and contains no toxic chemicals. I have studied and found many resources to confirm that I want to try drinking Creosote tea. I have found no reasons not to drink it (other than it's strong taste, which some find undrinkable, but I think it is okay with honey), of course I will be doing so in moderation.

Here is a website:

http://www.herbalinsight.net/newslet...rners-Herb.php

(If there is a product sold on this website, sorry, I am not recommending any product if there is one. It is only that this website is one of the few online sources of information I could find. Most of my resources are from books and I couldn't easily share that info here.)

So I am drinking my second cup tonight (first cup was a while ago). I am going to drink one cup a week and see if I have any changes in my symptoms. I don't expect anything really, but you never know.

I included this website because creosote tea has so many benefits including an organic source of important minerals that those of us with MG are often low in.

I have at least 50 Creosote shrubs in my garden so I have a fresh source of leaves for experimentation. I am having some fun tonight with my tea experiment.

One more thing. Mostly I want to drink Creosote tea because it is supposed to help with allergies. In researching I found that it may be beneficial for MG and even general health, but that is not my reason for trying it. I am trying to avoid the stronger drugs that I usually buy at the store for my allergies...I don't like the side effects now that I have MG. My previous experience with creosote tea was that it seemed to help my allergies and sooth my throat, but I only drank one cup so I really don't know.

Wish me luck, or at least know that I am having fun with plants tonight.

I hope everyone is feeling well.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (03-19-2010)