View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 04:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know the name of it either, but I know what you mean. It happens to me too, but I'm a recovering alcoholic and I damaged the part of my brain that deals with short-term memory. I have trouble rememberiing words, things that have happened recently, things that people have told me, etc. It's extremely frustrating!!! But I did it to myself, so I can't whine. lol. I was hoping it would resolve itself, but I quit drinking in 1993, and so far it hasn't improved. Once you kill those brain cells, they're gone forever.

I've kind of "covered up" for my problem by joking at times too, especially at first. But now I just tell the truth, cause what the heck ~ my life is an open book. Everyone I know knows I drank, so I don't care if they know I pickled my brain. LOL. But it WOULD make me madder than a wet hen if some idiot doctor or nurse said I was MALINGERING because I couldn't remember words/etc. on forms or couldn't complete some stupid test! I'd want to throttle them and I would report them too! I think I'd report them to the Medical Board!

There's no reason for that kind of treatment. The Veterans get HORRIBLE treatment from VA Hospitals as it is, and this is just another example of abuse! It makes me so darned mad!!!! Our Veterans should be getting A-1 treatment for keeping our country safe! I could go on forever about this!

Anyway, I don't know of a name for that but I'm sorry you were treated so badly.

And may I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY??? Without men and women like you, we would be in deep trouble. Our country would be lost to communism, or worse. God bless you for your unselfishness. Thank you. Peace, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes