View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 04:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up David... and all ... pull up a chair

Hey David... (and all!) ..

I decided to start a new thread after I read what David wrote in theNOTloney1's thread. Note that I've taken the liberty of bolding David's words that really spoke to me.

Quote:
On Monday it was my son's 18th birthday [the son who has caused me a lot of recent turmoil]

putting that aside
He chose against our guidance to have a tattoo on his birthday, But still i took the day off work hoping he might want to spend some time with his family.

i ventured into the town centre on the day, to here of a Murder the night before.
Initial rumour was that the son of A pub i go in[bar] Landlord [owner] had been killed in a fight.

The person named was someone i knew, so i ventured
to the location, which was cordoned off by the police.
The bar was still open [which seemed odd, and other regulars were reluctant to clarify or deny the rumours of this young mans death].

Over the road from this pub is another pub, and it was unavoidably noticeable when the police cordon and forensic tent was dismantled that the 40-50 youths congregated outside the pub were connected to the deceased.

i saw another young man i know across the road, and after a quick chat realised the deceased was not the person i thought, but someone my eldest son knew, [via his brother]. The person whom i thought was dead apparently was the person who had hit the deceased boy twice, he fell awkwardly and so sadly fell to his death.

A 25 & dead A 22& Looking at 15-20 years of imprisonment pending.....................what a xxxxing waste of life.

So on Tuesday am.............7 o'clock upon arriving at work to find a manager present with the night worker talking to 5 young men in a room all drinking and had been all night [hence the presence of a manager, after the night worker was threatened with violence]

24 HOURS PASS............. and a simple 'tell them off comes back from higher management'..................

Daily i go to work thinking i can make a difference,
[politely as the only male /bar the night] staff amongst 4 female support workers , i always end up giving out the rollickings to aggressor's, and i am seen As the blunt/whipping post for all concerned.

Lonelyone............your lonely?..............god i know i. am..

but tomorrow i am going to change that......

i am intending to right a lot of wrongs...............................i have e-mailed tonight my two immediate managers a senior manager and company director,,,,,,,,,,,,,categorically stating the disgusting manner in which their employees are expected to work without question or support [when times get exceedingly rough]

I have for many years seen the backward way our society has spiralled out of control, and witnessed first hand my liberal superiors white wash bad/appalling & anti-social behaviour. [then have the cheek to point fingers at staff for not turning people around/ who sadly could never turn around even on a carousel]

I am lost for words.............yet Lonelyone's Thread ............screams out..............LONELY [GOD I UNDERSTAND THAT]

David

I known your struggle.
In a parallel, but of course, very different life, I struggle like you do. I have always burned a lot of anger/energy towards those things I can't change. And it consumes me....!

I truly know that with all that insight and smartness you have my friend, you will realize you are again in a place where you are going to make some profound discoveries about your life.

I feel a change in the wind ...

Huge hugs of understanding for the saddness and disappointment that you are feeling.
Addy

P.S.
This is where I'm at in my life right now:
"Go forth in joy and get on with it" - Abraham-Hicks
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-19-2010), barbo (03-19-2010), DMACK (03-21-2010), GAngel (03-19-2010), tamiloo (03-22-2010), thelonely1 (03-19-2010)