View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Somewhat Political

I rarely, if ever, discuss anything political unless I am speaking with others who are of like mind...on the "same page" as I am...but, Steve's comments about the teabaggers...not knowing what it is they are protesting is so true. I have watched these "poor souls" who have been given their "talking points"by the likes of **** Armey and his group...who are actually given written material on how to disrupt any kind of civil debate...who are so brain-washed by those who spew propaganda, misinformation, outright lies simply because they have been targeted as the most uneducated and gullible among us...and who scream so loudly about something they don't even understand...have no knowledge about the reason for their screaming, etc...and, as much as it infuriates me, it saddens me....and it frightens me, too. Never have I witnessed the devisivness that is occuring in our country...the hate and fear-mongering, and I fear that the rage and anger that those who would take advantage of the gullible/uneducated might instill in them to the point where they would even commit violent acts...and yes...even killing those who they have been made to see as the "enemy"...and that they would be doing what was "right"if ever they would bring themselves to kill. If it weren't so sad, it could be funny. For instance...if these poor, brain-washed souls were to be asked: "What is it about Medicare that you don't like? What is it about Social Security that you don't like? What is it about closing the Medicare Part D donut hole that you don't like? What is it about reining in the insurance companies...putting a cap on what they can charge...making them stop dropping customers who cost them too much money? What is it about reducing your health care premiums to an affordable amount rather than having those premiums raised (as is being done presently)? I could go on and on with more of the same kinds of questions, but I guess my message is clear...and I can only imagine how these poor souls might react/respond to my questions...I can readily see the expressions on their faces...because they don't have a clue.

Okay...I could go on and on...and I have been more political than I had intended to be when I started this "rant"!!! It's just that Steve's comments seemed to compel me to say what I've said, here...thank you for wading through the "rant"!

Virginia Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (03-19-2010)