View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default we drug seekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
Dear sweetie - you BLOW me away! I am in such high pain, as if I just got thrown out of a car and I am rolling down an asphalt drive, all bloodied and broken - and this is after 8 years! IF ONLY I could survive without having to fight constantly for these meds, and all of the harm they do me...

But God bless you and keep taking your blood tests and watching your liver and your blood sugar, ok?

Love, Tam
yes, i am very lucky and count my blessings that i can manage with just ice most of the time. i feel for you. what is laughable is that i have been called drug seeking, even though i throw away more meds than i take. when i broke my elbow i got a great shot (i think it was demerol) in the ER. i asked for the same when i broke my shoulder, but they sent me home with something about the strength of aspirin. i was mad.

anyway, my bloodwork last physical was fine except they found i had a urinary infection. what was interesting was that i could not feel that pain, i guess my normal pain level masks something like that.

sk8t, there are also those for whom the drugs have a different or opposite effect. for example, hyperactive kids prescribed tofranil calms them, but it would be like speed to a normal child. i suspect my metabolizing problem is more similar to the one the hyperactive kids have. for example NSAIDS are like coffee to me.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote