View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I don't think the poster meant from the computer itself literally, more of from the job of using computers and other desk/office work.
I understand that you want to give the benefit of the doubt as to the cause, but the following statement (in bold) is simply unfounded if you do a little research:
Quote:
I have a repetitive motion disease. Meaning: I got my nerve disease from my computer!!! It is highly unknown, not being researched because there's no money in it, and if you notice, Phil Gates philathropy group does not fight diseases in America that come from computers - carpal tunnel, neck, eye, cubital tunnel in the elbow, shoulder and back injuries - all from too many hours spent on the keyboard.
I was simply suggesting that the energy spent in anger over the perceived cause would be better spent researching treatments and how to live with the effects of this difficult diagnosis. The suggestion that I see here in this statement is that Bill Gates is withholding research money for diseases his computers cause . . . which is ludicrous and misdirects the CTS sufferer's frustrations.