Old 01-26-2007, 07:56 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Peg Leg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post

We have got to quit sitting on our patoots and go for the jugular. Not that we want to stir up trouble, but we want this research and clinical trial process to stop being about profit and start being about treating for a better quality of life or to find a cure.

Peggy
Peggy-
I forgot you were a fellow Tennessean - where 'bouts? I'm just south of Knoxville.

More to the point, your statement above speaks wonders. The only good thing to come from HIV is the concept of the activated patient. Our interests don't always coincide with those of the scientist or the company, and if we don't make a fuss then we are done for.

But we have to break out of our own PD related apathy. It is perhaps the most insidious part of the damn disease. Creeping in on "little cat feet" it steals away our ability to get over that hump. Those of us who still have not succumbed to it have to harangue, tease, motivate, and generally be a pain to the rest in hopes of generating some adrenalin or something.

So to any who find us boring, my apologies. To the rest of us, keep irritating them - it's their/our best hope.

-Rick
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote