View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 04:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How far can non-diabetic PN progress?

I have "idiopathic" peripheral neuropathy although I was exposed to Benzene and other VOCs in the workplace which I believe are the cause. Biopsy shows c-fiber neuropathy. Currently my symptoms are made bearable by Lyrica, but my pain has progressed from occasional burning on the soles of my feet 2 years ago, to burning, tingling, numbness, and sometimes searing pain below the knees and elbows. If I bump the ends of my fingers or my feet it is very painful. I have other sensory nerve symptoms: low blood pressure, migraines, constipation, livedo reticularis, cold body, memory loss, etc. I also have fibromyalgia which is currently leveled off.

I'm trying to plan my future (I'm 53) and wondering how much more disabled I might become. My neurologist said I won't be in a wheelchair but was otherwise evasive. I am finding walking increasingly painful, my toes are always sore, and my need for pain meds is creeping up. I am taking all the supplements my naturopath recommended, including 5000 hydroxocobalamin i.m. every 3 days, B6, Zinc, CoQ10, . . . I am currently on sick leave from my stressful health-care job. What does the future hold in store for us folks?
akimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote