View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rick
Then we're neighbors! I am just about 100 miles NE of Knoxville! Send me a private message with your email address and we'll try to figure out a meeting.

I agree with everything you are saying. And to those reading, please don't say "I have nothing to contribute." That is pure BS!!! A phonecall - a letter - a story - a picture - anything that tells the sworld what it is like to live with t his horrible disease. And guess what? You will feel so much better if you do take charge of your own care.

True, we don't know what causes PD - but scientists know more abouto PD than any other neurological illness. We KNOW what part of t he brain is affected - we KNOW that if you replace the dopamine loss - people get visably better - and we KNOW that it isn't given the designation of being a serious and life thrheatening illness in enough circles to get it cured. If it weren't such a terrible wish, I would wish thaht we had the numbers of cases that HIV has - THAT gets attention!

We can cure this thing - it just takes money - priority in funding - awareness - and PATIENT INVOLVEMENT. Guess which area we need you???

Who's got the sign-up sheets???

Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote