10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another Q- re: VitD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Here is a video from Australia.

This is how they are coping with this issue:

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2514231.htm

People with low levels there are given up to 5000IU D3 daily for one to 3 months, retested, and maintained at 1000IU D3 daily once the target is reached by testing the blood.
This regimen seems to be working for them.

On the horizon now, are some D3 creams. It think we will see this in the near future. I may bypass the failures that seem to happen with oral administration for some.
Hi Mrs D., Thanks for this info. My test shows low D25 HYDXY at 29- reading the VitD Council report made me question the huge dose of D2 my kidney doc ordered. Now the intention is more clear. I still question if D2 is safe/effective when there are likely issues re: whether I can properly metabolize this form. (I have secondary hyperparathyroidism related to kidney disease. Also lover disease). The last time I tried to take the 25,000 IU dose my gut reacted with nausea and right flank pain,(achy liver). Became very cautious since then, simply do not trust the docs. Do you have any advice to add here specific to my case?
Three doctors all offer differing opinions for TX. Crazy making to say the least. Thanks TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote