View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Swan View Post
Im new to these boards and just wondering after reading all of your posts about Ketamine is this.....how many of you are on SSD?
If you are on it and have had the Ketamine injections, feeling better with your pain; do you end up losing your SSD? or do you still keep it cause you are still diagnosised as a RSD patient?

I know that this must sound strange for asking but I have thought of this. At least as a "DUH" moment I can honestly say if you are pain free for say months and able to work then yes, you would lose it. Of course if the pain is away for awhile and it comes back slowly starting to keep you from working again then it sounds like you would have to go back onto SSD. Ok so have I just confused all who have read this? Yes, but I need to know all the options available. I want a pain free day more then anything.

Thanks for responding.
I've been receiving ketamine infusions that have put me into remission for months at a time... and I still receive my ssd/ssi. I have started going back to work, but I make sure that I do not exceed the allowable amount of monthly income that would then stop my benefits. I haven't exactly told them I'm in remission, but because there is no cure, and i do eventually start making too much money that would end my benefits, if at anytime i need to be fully dependant on them i can go and let them know that i am unable to fully support myself. there is also a way to continue working, and continue receiving the medical insurance aspect of it. but pretty much i see it as what they don't know won't hurt them, because remission is not a for sure thing and the symptoms can come back at anytime, and i fought for 3 years to get my benefits, so i'm going to make sure that i keep them until i'm absolutely certain i don't need them anymore.