Thread: Cockatiels
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update!

Well, we had a bird 'drama' this week. The second of the young cockatiels, Charlie, who turned out to be female...we decided to put her back in the big cage with her mother. That wasn't a good idea really, the mother didn't want anything to do with her, which was OK, as it was a big cage and they could keep away from eachother, which they did. But little Charlie spent a lot of time on the floor of the cage. That would have been fine...if it wasn't for Layla, our dog! We covered the bottom of the cage with boards to stop her getting near, but Wednesday night, she managed to move the boards, and disturbed Charlie, who must have been flapping around, and somehow Layla must have grabbed Charlie's wing through the bars...and ripped it off! So, next morning I got a shock when I saw feathers everywhere, then found Charlie with no wing! I took her out and put her in a smaller cage. There was no blood visible, but I thought she might end up dying from the shock...but 3 days later she is still alive! And seems to be happy again back in her old cage! Oh, what a drama!
Now, we have 4 birds all in seperate cages, and it doesn't look like we'll be putting any of them back in together now! lol

~Jaime~

My Poetry Site -
Jaime_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote