View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

With my first RSI & recovery, after returning to work I pushed often for more and better job rotations in my employer's assembly area.

But even after all the cross training, so we all could be rotated equally , some just couldn't cut it when it came to speed & quality of work.

So it more or less fell to the fast and skilled workers to keep production numbers high, or we would have to make up for the slower ones later on...

I gave suggestions & input on new ergonomic equipment, efficiency techniques and some other ergonomic changes, so that was cool.

Many of the ideas were implemented , but basically the job was still gripping, twisting, reaching, cleaning small parts and precise work with high rate production speeds.
And the better & faster you were the better raises you got..
Plus I had this type A competitive thing where I liked to have the best production numbers of everyone so I kind of wore myself out.

They did bring in a PT to show us stretches to do twice a dayfor about 3 minutes at a time. But not enough to repair the damages that were already done.
They brought in a masseuse each Wed for 2 hrs but with 100+ people we only got rotated for the massage about 2x a year, 12 minutes..
Not really enough to fix anything but it was nice to get it when your turn came around.